Followers

Friday 24 August 2012

Family

I haven't yet written a blog about my family. I don't know why, the subject matter was just never at the forefront of my mind while I was pondering what to write about on the particular days wen I managed to update my blog, but for whatever reason, today my family is at the forefront of my mind, and I'm thinking about them a lot. 

I guess I have a couple of varying definitions of family that I work with, and these definitions are very personal to me, as I am sure your definition of family is personal to you. I have my direct family, which consists of my mum, my sister and my brother, and my two nieces who are all very dear to me. We all get on very well and we know that each of us is there for the other, even if we don't talk every day. It has even got to the point when my mum has textedme to check that I'm still alive as it has been a while since I have spoken to her, but I know that this doesn't mean we love each other any less, it just means we haven't spoken for a while, that's all.

I then have my extended family, all of whom are equally dear to me, and, again, I knowthey would be there for me whenever I needed them. These consist of my nan, granddad, aunties, uncles and cousins. As before, I don't see them all the time, but I always make the effort to see them when the family is having a big occasion or if someone is in need of support at an event. Most recently this was at my cousin Lily's street dance competition. 

I guess that my family are at the forefront of my mind today, because I was offered a job at the Bristol hippodrome. My mum was the first person I called about it, and probably the first person I would think to call for all my major life events.

1 comment: