Followers

Monday 18 June 2012

The day i got to go to the Avengers Premiere: A Review


If you read my things I enjoy blog you will know that I went to see the Avengers but actually never gave you a halfway decent story to tell you what happened.  I won the chance to go see the Avengers through an in-house competition at work, which was best training buddy in the area for the quarter. This gave me the chance to walk down the red carpet and see the Avengers before anyone else (talking to one of the film buyers for our company the premiere was the 4th time he had actually watched it). 

To do a decent review of this movie I feel like I should try to critique it in some way, no matter how small or insignificant that critique is, but I may struggle as from start to finish it was one of the best films that has come out this year, and one of the best films that has been adapted from a comic book that I had ever seen. The movie was action packed from start to finish so there was no chance to get bored through the movie as there was always something going on that would grab my attention. I also liked the way that the film wasn't just focused on one main character as they each had their own movie, apart from the Hulk, even though you should count Edward Norton’s Hulk as part of the Avengers franchise. I enjoyed the way the characters connected with each other and bounced off each other to create some great on-screen chemistry between them without trying to pull focus from each other. I never felt as if one of them was trying to steal the show which can often happen when you get a lot of big actors in one film.  I ended up watching the film three times in the cinema, and I laughed in all the same places and jumped in all the same places. I would love to tell you at what point in the film I jumped, because there was only one point, and if you've seen it you can probably guess, and if you haven't seen it, seriously... why not? I don't think you even need to be that into comic books to enjoy the films. This will probably upset my uncle (comic book writer) Dan Abnett, but I've never read any of the Avengers comics, and I only know the backgrounds from the individual films in the series that proceeded this film. I wish I had, though, because then I could maybe comment on how the film keeps to the comics. I can't wait till the second film comes out... and Iron Man 3. 

1 comment:

  1. Still jealous you got to go to the premiere! I do think Ed Norton's Hulk is actually officially part of the Avengers movies anyway, as there's a post-credit scene where Tony Stark invites him to join the initiative. (:

    ReplyDelete