Followers

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Do I have as much chance of getting that job as you do?


Do I have as much chance of getting that job as you do? The answer my friends/blog readers is quite simply no. I haven’t been looking for my dream as long as you potentially have. I am a firm believer that its not what you know but who you know. I understand that this isn't the case in all circumstances, but we all know that most of the time this statement rings true. One of my friends Harri was spotted singing at a party and has followed that up to get different jobs in tv etc in order to gain the experience she needs to do what she wants to do after her degree is finished. While I'm not expecting anybody to just hand me my dream I would like my own chance encounter like she had. 

The answer! Quite simply it's networking! I need to put out there what I am capable of and I have to believe that sooner or later people will take notice and I will get to where I want to be. I know it will take time but I am willing to put in that time for the right thing. While that may not be right for everyone, I'm sure it will be right for me, and as long as I have the support of my family and friends that is all that truly matters to me 

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree. Knowing the right people, and being available at the right time, is what got me my current job, and has also led me to my next job. You're awesome Simon, you'll be able to do this, you just need to put all your heart and soul into it. xx

    ReplyDelete