Followers

Sunday 24 June 2012

You're the only one standing in your way


I want to blame my life on other people and the situation I've been placed in, but as I get older and I don’t progress as I hoped, the only person I really have to blame for not being where I want to be is me. I can't keep making the same old tired excuses about why my life isn't heading in the direction that I hoped it would be by now.

I'm still in the same job that frustrates me because I haven't bothered to look for another one, and if I have looked, I've made excuses as to why I haven’t wanted a job or that I'll apply for it later when in all honestly I probably won't. I'll just sit here and watch another episode of something on tv and then another. By the time I've procrastinated and not done what I should have done the job is gone and another opportunity has passed me by. I'm the king of the excuse and always have reasons for why I can do it later. No more I say! It's time to get myself sorted and actually start doing something with my life instead of simply going through the motions and getting frustrated when nothing  changes for me when actually I’ve done nothing to make those changes happens. The people that are actually being active and following their dreams are probably a lot further ahead than me so now is the time to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment