Followers

Wednesday 27 June 2012

A Blog about love


I would honestly say that I have never been in love, and of course when I talk of love I'm not talking about the love I have for my family and friends, but of gut wrenching, can't bear to be without another person love.
I would like to say that's because I've continuously put myself out there only to be knocked back, but when I look back on it now I do believe it's because I never bothered to look or think that I was worthy of it.  I always used to think of myself as the friend and never the boyfriend. I was the friend others took out to make themselves look attractive. Surround yourself by twos and you'll look like a ten for example. That was me. I always looked on as my friends pulled, but I never went home with anyone.

My friends would probably tell you that I am one of the most sociable people around, but I simply don’t see that about myself. I’m not saying that I haven’t started to overcome this, and I am becoming more confident, but as a child/teen/adult I was always overweight and because of this I was bullied at school, which knocked my confidence right down, making me feel that I wasn’t good enough for anyone and that no-one would think that I was good enough for them.
The spirit of my blog is to help me move on professionally and personally and it’s always good to look back on where you have been in order to see where you are going and feel able to make better choices in life. So in order to try to find someone, I signed up to a couple of dating sites and me and my friends are planning single nights out where we are going out with the intention of meeting people. Guess now I just need to work on my conversational skills. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't even stress how much I can relate to this... & I hope in a few years time I can openly speak about my personal experiences like you just have, as it will only make you a stronger person!

    Ps. Love your blog!x

    ReplyDelete