Followers

Sunday 1 July 2012

A Blog about music


I was planning on expanding my things I enjoy blog in order to give you and maybe myself a better insight into what I am into and what I can possibly make into a career. So the second thing I love is music. Music is really great because it is something that is really universal and everyone can find a type of music that they enjoy. I do believe that it isn’t often that you would come upon someone that would be like ‘nah music just isn’t my thing’.

Music is so important as it is multi-functional. Let’s face it, all films would be stuck without a soundtrack to rely on as the music that is used in a film is often just as important as the script; it sets out the scene that is coming up or can be used to create feelings ranging from fear to love.

I certainly listen to different types of music depending on the activity I am doing or the mood I’m in.  For example if I’m in the gym, particularly when I am running, I will listen to songs that have quite a fast pace to them and will keep me going throughout the run or when I was being bullied in school I would listen to Christina Aguilera’s ‘beautiful’ at least once or twice a day because it made me feel happier about myself, and music definitely has the power to do that.

Music can also be used to tell a story. This is why another thing I love is musicals. A whole story that is set to music and the countless exploration of the characters through the musical genre just makes me happy. If I could get around to seeing more of them I  would.

For some of my almost daily music choices you can follow me on thisismyjam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment