Followers

Friday 20 July 2012

Frustration


I have mentioned before that I am frustrated with my job as a minimum wage employee of a cinema chain, but after letting that frustration get the better of me yesterday, I ended up having a massive rant to one of the team leaders that was on shift with me. She simply told me that my frustration at the job was actually a good thing and instead of using that frustration to just simply be angry at things I can't change I should be using that frustration as the driving force to make my life better and to put things into motion for me to make my life go in the direction I want it to. She reminded me that while there are worse jobs that I could be doing there are also a lot better jobs out there where I would be appreciated and where I would be happy.

True, I have no idea what this is at the moment, but I am starting to think that there are people in worse positions then I am. There are people with truly no direction in life or who are quite simply unemployed and desperate for work. I should be glad that I have a job that if in no other way is a tether to the entertainment industry, an industry I am desperate to crack. As to what I want to go into within the entertainment industry I don’t know as yet, but I do think that it’s definitely an industry I want to get into. I have no desire to be on stage or indeed in front of a camera as firstly I may suffer a little stage fright and I honestly do not know how people ever watch themselves on screen without constantly cringing. You always look different on camera. I honestly think the camera is a harsh mistress who picks on and shines a light on any flaw you have, but I guess this is also why make-up artists and similar are such an important part of movie sets, so they can cover up all your blemishes and flaws to make artists positively sparkle in front of a camera, but this is still not for me. I think I would be happy behind the scenes in some sort of production/assistant capacity. I enjoy organisation and honestly think that when I see it on television programmes where they have an assistant who tells people where they have to be and when etc that I could definitely start there.  

3 comments:

  1. Releavant to you intests: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PezlFNTGWv4

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wasn't "releavant" to my "intests" at all!

    ReplyDelete