Followers

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Red Lights: A Review

Without turning my blog into a film critique blog, as there are many out there who do it a lot better then me, and are probably more qualified to do it than I am, I do enjoy updating you about films I have watched and films I would recommend to you. I have a problem at the cinema that I can make any film sound shit. Honestly, I have a habit of making any film sound like something I don't want to watch, but I'm much better aexpressing my thoughts on those films when I have time to write about them.

So, 'Red Lights' for anyone who doesn't know, is basically about two doctoral students trying to disprove the existence of paranormal events. They refer to themselves as professional sceptics in the film. 


Now this film has some brilliant players in the form of Robert de Niro, Sigourney Weaver and one of my favourite actors Cillian Murphy. They all give excellent performances, which makes for a really interesting film. 


In my opinion, Cillian Murphy gave one of the best performances in the film, but I don't feel that I could give a description of why without giving away the plot.
Some people came away from this film saying it was crap, and I can sort of see why, but for me it was really interesting and visually was actually quite stunning. Some of the effects used in it, although nothing that has been seen before, were well done and well executed and really added to the film. The storyline was also quite cleve and made me want to see it again because I left feeling a little bit confused about what was actually going on and feeling that if I went to see it again I might pick up on plot points that I missed on the first watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment