Followers

Thursday 12 July 2012

How do you meet people?

 How do you meet new people when your social circle is so close-knit that you don't really know how to meet people. I would say that I'm a pretty social person or at least would like to think that I am, and would like to think that I have the ability to make friends and meet new people pretty easily, but the only new people I am ever really introduced to is when new people start at work. 

So, my social circle pretty much consists of people that I meet at work. I work with these people and I go out with people from work, and if I do anything outside of work it's with people from work, which can sometimes make it feel hard to meet new people who aren't from work and can make it pretty scary to even consider leaving your job,because of concerns that your social circle is going to crumble if you don't see the same people everyday. It's nice to like the people that you work with, and honestly they are a great group of people to work with and hang out with. If they weren't I wouldn't hang out with them half as much as I do, because I just wouldn't bother with people I didn't like unless I absolutely had to or it was for work reasons, because then I am able to muster up a professional courtesy towards people. So, it feels really hard to meet new people and make contacts in life, but how do I changethis? I should take the opportunity to get new hobbies, go to things I'm invited to even if I'm the only on invited, and make an effort to speak to people. I guess you never know who you are going to meet if only you are willing to take the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment