Followers

Saturday 14 July 2012

The importance of friends

 I forget how important friends can be. I ended up going out with a friend, who I used to work with, who now lives in London. Forgetting she works for a production company, I never even considered using her as a point of contact to get some experience in an industry I really would like to get into. So we got round to catching up the other night at the Apple Cider Boat in Bristol, and eventually got round to discussing her job. She is what is known as a runner, so basically she gets tea and coffee etc for people, but according to her that is how everyone starts and at least it would be a start. Anyway, she said that I should send her my cv and she would then send it on to other people in her company, and try to get me some work experience, which would be awesome as her company works on the likes of TOWIE and The Apprentice. It's a foot in the door, so to speak, and a start for me, which is what I have been striving for. It's not much, but it is a start, so I'm happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment