Followers

Monday 16 July 2012

What makes you stand out from a crowd?

Me and a friend were talking about this at another friend's house party when we were discussing applying for jobs and trying to get opportunities. People employ you for who you are just as much as they employ you for your educational background and your skill set. Your personality plays a huge part in why you get the job. So what is it that quintessentially makes you you? What sells you to other people? What is the unique selling point that is going to make you stand out in an interview against the hundred other people that they may have interviewed that day?

So, I pondered for a while, what makes me me and there were so many things that make up who I am as there is with everyone else, but I am unsure as to which of these would make me stand out to a potential employer, and make them want to employ me above anyone else. I guess this is going to take some more pondering, but I am willing to figure this out and use it to drive my career forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment