Followers

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Rock of Ages: Review

Rock of ages is about a small town girl who moves to Hollywood in order to pursue her dreams as a singer and the trials and tribulations she encounters on the way to fulfilling her dream.


I have been to see rock of ages twice at the cinema now and am planning on going to see it a third time for a few simple reasons. I am a massive fan of musicals and even more so when they have been adapted into a film version. I like to see actors who don't sing as their profession sing, and I like being surprised when they actually have decent voices, even though you think it would be funnier if they were shit. Ultimately, I am also a massive fan of cheese! This film was massively cheesy from start to finish with a few genuinely cringeworthy moments between some of the stellar cast members, paticuarly Russell Brand and Alec Baldwin. This movie also has a brilliant soundtrack that I have downloaded and listened to over and over again. It's brilliant because all the songs are upbeat, and the ballads are proper power ballads. For the last few days I have been posting them as my choices for anyone who follows me on this is my jam! The only thing that lets this film down slightly is the fact that it doesn't really feel like the storyline keeps up with the fast pace of the songs, and the producers have kind of forgotten about the storyline as they have a brilliant soundtrack, which I feel could have taken the film from good to amazing. I would still recommend for anyone to watch it though. 


Also after first watching the film I downloaded the soundtrack plus the Original Cast Recording of the soundtrack and had them both on repeat for countless days after my first viewing of the film as the songs are just that good. I have included links to the soundtrack for anyone who does feel like listening to the songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment